Monday, February 20, 2012

I love to see the temple!

My ward here in Tehuacan had a temple trip to a nearby temple in Oaxaca! The trip was about two hours long and we took a big charter bus together to get there. It was a great experience to get to go to the temple and worship there, especially since it was all in Spanish! I love the temple & I love the church! It's amazing how it's exactly the same everywhere you go.










After the temple the other teachers from ILP and I decided to explore Oaxaca, because it's a big city with a lot to offer.  We spent the night is a hostel which cost about $10 USD per night, and it was reasonably nice for being that cheap. 

Unfortunately I forgot my camera in the hostel for most of the first night, but I did manage to get a few good snapshots. The next day we went to visit the Arbol de Tule, which is a ginormous tree. I heard that it takes 30 people to wrap their arms around it all the way. After that we went to church for just one hour. And then it was off to some amazing ruins! 



best part about our hostel - DOGS! :) 















Arbol de Tule













No comments:

Post a Comment